The Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Trust has been established to provide financial aid to qualified students who plan to attend a Texas University or College. The Board of Directors and Scholarship Committee will award scholarships in annual amounts up to $5,000 for the payment of tuition, campus housing or other university or college expenses. Scholarships will be awarded in such amounts and to such students as will be determined at the Club’s discretion. The following criteria will be considered:
- The candidate for a scholarship must be a High School or GED graduate. Preference will be given to students who are pursuing degrees in marine sciences or conservation. The candidate must be accepted at a recognized University or College in the State of Texas and pursue a course of study leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree. The minimum enrollment requirement is 12 hours per semester.
- The personal qualifications which will be considered will include, but not be limited to, evidence of general aptitude and ability in the area of study, the character of the candidate, and his or her previous academic accomplishments. We will also consider the candidates relative need for the award when compared with that of other candidates.
Completed scholarship applications must be received by the Chairman of the Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Trust by April 1, 2022. A 2022-2023 Scholarship Application Form is attached below. If you have any questions, please e-mail them to email@example.com.
REQUIRED ATTACHMENTS TO APPLICATION
- Completed Scholarship Application.
- Transcript of your high school and/or college records.
- Letter which should include the following (limited to two pages double spaced):
- First time applicants:
- Explanation of your choice of university or college.
- Explanation of your choice of proposed degree.
- Explanation of the financial need for this award (a Student Aid Report may be submitted as proof of financial need at your discretion).
- Describe your active participation in any extra-curricular, community, or charitable programs past and present.
- Previously awarded applicants:
- Explanation of choice of degree and progress toward this proposed degree over the last year. Have your plans changed since last year? If so, please explain.
- In what area/areas was your scholarship money applied and how did it benefit your education? How would your use any future scholarship money?
- Describe your active participation in any extra-curricular, community, or charitable programs over the last year including involvement in HBGFC.
- Please update your financial needs.
- First time applicants:
- Request two (2) Letters of Recommendation from an advisor, school official or someone familiar with the applicant’s character and academic qualifications. The letters should include character, personality, and ability testimonials, as well as a description of applicant’s scholastic and extra-curricular activities. Optional for previously awarded applicants. NOTE: Letters of Recommendation should NOT be submitted with Application. They must be mailed directly to the Chairman of the Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Program, 2105 Anders Lane, Suite A, Kemah, TX 77565.
- Provide a list of the names, addresses and positions of the two (2) people that will submit recommendations on applicant’s behalf.
Completed scholarship applications must be received by the Chairman of the Houston Big Game Fishing Club Scholarship Program by April 1, 2022. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Letters of Recommendation and Applications that are received later than April 1, 2022 will not be given consideration.
2105 Anders Ln. Suite A
Kemah, TX 77565